2.The answer: I think I would have chosen to die of “old age”. Did you?
3. The answer: The other end of the rope is tied to nothing.
4. The answer: The cassette had started at the beginning of the man’s utterance. Who would have rewound it?
5. The answer: The victim was in a convertible.
6. The answer: A parachute that didn’t open.
7. The answer: Your word.
8. The answer: Due to the weight and construction of the metal nuts and bolts, in this case, the water level will go down. A floating object displaces its weight and a submerged object displaces its volume.
9. The answer: They need to stand the signpost up so that the arm reading Kaysville points in the direction of Kaysville, the town they had just come from. With one arm pointing the correct way, the other arms will also point to the correct directions.
10. The answer: A quarter and a dime. One coin is not a dime but the other one is.
11. The answer: The peasant picked one of the pieces of the paper and tore it up. He then asked the king to show him the other piece of paper which, of course, said EXILE. The king, not wishing to appear fraudulent in front of his subjects, granted that the piece of paper the peasant had picked must have said MARRIAGE.
12. The answer: Both Dave and Brad were given drinks with poisoned ice cubes. Brad drank his drinks so quickly that the ice didn’t have time to melt and release the poison.
13. The answer: Because they were all married and not single.
14. The answer: He was buying house numbers.
15. The answer: John will lose again. In the second race, Mick started ten meters back. By the time John reaches the 90 meter mark, Mick will have caught up to him. Therefore, the final 10 meters will belong to the faster of the two. Since Mick is faster than John, he will win the final 10 meters and thus the race.
16. The answer: The beggar was a woman.
17. The answer: Since even barbers rarely try to cut their own hair, and there are only two barbers in town, they must cut each other’s hair. The one with the neat hair must have it cut by the one with the bad haircut, who must be then the better one, considering his own haircut.
18. The answer: It was daylight.
19. The answer: You turn 2 switches “on” and leave 1 switch “off” and wait about a minute. Then enter the room, but just before you enter, turn one switch from “on” to “off”. Once in the room, feel the light bulb – if it is warm but off, it has to be the last switch you turned off. If it is on, it has to be the switch you left on. If it is cold and is off, it has to be the switch you left in the off position all along.
20. The answer: The players were musicians.
21. The answer: A dirty person on a dirty horse.
22. The answer: your name
23. The answer: He put a hole in the barrel to make it weigh less.
24. The answer: The owner would rather fill two cars from anywhere than on car from town because he would make twice the amount of money.
25. The answer: meat
26. The answer: 2
27. The answer: Window.
28. The answer: 1 - $50 bill, 1 - $5 bill and 4 - $2 bills